Nescafe 3in1 Soundskool is around since 2005, with Hilera as its first winner, followed by Effinboiche (2006), Lazy Susan (2007) and Letter Day Story (2008). For the last four years, they have given a chance to unsigned Filipino bands (three to five members, aged 16-20 years old) to become popular. And now on its fifth year, are you ready to be the Nescafe 3in1 Soundskool 2009 winner?
I have prepared some tips below if ever you want to join this year‚Äôs contest.
You might not be ready yet to become the winner because you‚Äôre probably too shy perform like this white lady singing in the video. Do not be shy, do your act!
Do not belittle yourself and get your self-esteem up. By just joining Nescafe Soundskool, you‚Äôre like a winner already because you know you got the guts. The question is, do you have the talent like them (see video below)?
Reveal yourselves! Do not be such a timid ninja boy band like these guys in the video.
Be inspired even while you are using your computer with these wallpapers that may be downloaded for free!
Now that you are inspired, all you have to do is to do is to complete the following documents:
- Application form with complete details
- Photocopy of the birth certificates of each member
- Proof of enrollment such as validated ID and or registration form
- Letter of endorsement signed by an authorized school personnel
- Printed copy of the photo of the band in 4R size
- Demo CD with a recording of the band featuring one cover song and one original composition wherein each song should be only 3 minutes long. If you have a problem providing a demo CD, you can have a one-time live recording session courtesy of Nescafe 3in1. Download the PDF file to check out the schedules.
- Don‚Äôt forget your boxes of Nescafe 3in1 (Original, Sweet and Creamy, and Intense).
Send all the completed requirements on or before September 6 to:
FRONTROW D2C, INC.
Unit 1005, Atlanta Centre Condominium,
31 Annapolis St. Greenhills, San Juan MM
If you want to be one of the 65 bands that will be selected (20 from GMA, 15 from Luzon, 15 from Visayas and 15 from Mindanao), stand out from the rest by recording a cover that has a different musical arrangement, and record your best original song. Your best original song is something that is a “feel good” type of music. If you are planning to do a live recording for the two songs, then you should have a lot of practice before the actual live-recording session.
You will get notified if you‚Äôre one of the selected bands by September 25, 2009. If you are one of the chosen few, prepare yourself for the Regional Eliminations where you will perform live the songs you have recorded. And since you‚Äôll be performing live, it is important that you have the energy on-stage and as well as to create rapport with your audience.
Thirteen bands with the highest scores will be selected (4 from GMA, 3 from Luzon, 3 from Visayas and 3 from Mindanao) during the Regional Eliminations and all of them will get PhP 25,000 (per band) plus a workshop in Boracay and Metro Manila before the Grand Finals will take place.
In case you‚Äôre not the next Nescafe 3in1 Soundskool winner, do not fret. At least you have something to spend so that you can at least record an EP.
Check out the Nescafe 3in1 Soundskool website for more details.